Friday, January 24, 2014

Soul Healing Miracles circle of books saved my life!

In the middle of the night, around 3:30 am on December 14, 2013, I was awoken abruptly by an almighty bang and the sound of a fire alarm. I leapt out of bed and ran into the hallway. I was shocked to discover that the window had been blown out and there was debris everywhere in the bedroom to the right of mine. I ran to the other bedroom to find that the same thing had happened there also. My mind raced with thoughts of what had caused the explosion and what I should do.
 
The door that separates the main floor apartment and the basement apartment had a deadbolt lock and it too had been blown open from the blast. As I walked passed the open door, I could smell gas and smoke and thought perhaps there had been a gas explosion. I went to find the phone to call 911 but the line was dead. As I looked down the hallway, I saw billows of smoke coming up the stairway into my apartment. In that moment I got a message to get out of the house quickly.
 
I had already started chanting “Master Sha, Master Sha, Master Sha …” and remained quite calm as I ran back into my bedroom and pulled on some pants knowing that it was an extremely cold night. I put on my shoes and winter coat and ran out of my home to the house next door. My neighbor was already up because he’d heard the explosion. I called 911 and several fire trucks, police cars, and other emergency service vehicles arrived within 5-10 minutes.

A law enforcement officer asked me a few questions and said I should call a family member because I would need a place to stay, so I called my son. He didn’t give me any further information. I stepped outside and saw that the firefighters were still walking around the house. I assumed that they were still assessing the situation before entering.
 
Later one of the firefighters spoke with me. The first thing he said was “Did you win the lottery? You are very lucky to be alive.” Right away I smiled and said “I have divine protection.” He repeated “You are very lucky.” I realized the seriousness of what had happened and felt extremely grateful that I had been protected and my life had been spared. I was concerned about not having brought anything with me and asked when I might be able to go back into the house to get a few things. My main concern was retrieving my precious Ling Guang Calligraphy and my laptop computer. Nothing else mattered.

When I was finally allowed to go back into the house I could feel the smoke burning my lungs with every breath. As I walked into my bedroom I remembered that I had stood ten Soul Healing Miracles books that had been blessed by Master Sha on the floor around my bed before going to sleep the night before. Master Sha had suggested a few weeks prior that we could do this for blessing and protection. I had not done this before but must have been subconsciously guided to do so. In that moment, I understood that the circle of Soul Healing Miracles books around my bed had saved my life! There was no damage to my bedroom or my belongings like in other areas of the house. Everything was intact. 

When my son arrived, he was very grateful that I was not hurt. He immediately asked if I could hear well, concerned that the force of the blast could have damaged my ears, but I could hear fine. Again, I felt such deep gratitude for the protection that the books had given me. 

Before I left, I looked around again in amazement at my bedroom. The firefighter that spoke to me earlier asked if I had closed my bedroom door that night, I told him I had not. He shook his head, finding it hard to believe why there was no damage in my bedroom like in the bedrooms on either side. Later he said that in twenty years he had never seen anything like this. 

My son and I sat in his van for a few hours while waiting for the building inspector and someone from the Fire Marshall’s Office to come. I heard from someone, although I don’t recall who, that the building inspector’s initial assessment was that the house would need to be torn down due to the structural damage caused by the explosion. As I recounted the event and answered the fire investigator’s questions, she also said that I was extremely lucky to have escaped unharmed. 

Later that day, I was able to go back into the house again to get a few more of my belongings. This time I looked around the rooms more carefully and saw all the structural damage to the house, like severe cracks in the walls and along the ceiling. Although everything was covered in soot, only a few small pieces had been broken. 

The day after the incident, I was contacted by the gas company to answer some questions and relay the sequence of events. The man who interviewed me said he was initially told that there were no victims, so he assumed that meant no one was in the house at the time of the blast. He was shocked to hear of my experience and expressed his concern. At least three times during our conversation he said how fortunate I was to have survived. Each time I felt such gratitude to have been divinely protected. 

Although this incident really changed how I celebrated Christmas and the holidays with my family, I remained very grateful for the experience and to have been protected by the circle of Soul Healing Miracles books. 

I am extremely grateful to Master Sha, the Divine, the Tao, the Source for saving my life. I am very blessed to be here on Mother Earth and to have the opportunity to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment